Sunday, October 23, 2011

Block Light Project

So I've FINALLY started on some of the creative projects I've been wanting to do. First off was my prototype of a Block Light. I love glass. And light. And color. And glitter. But mostly, I love how my mind goes crazy with ideas for something like this! I'm glad I was able to make my first one for Halloween, but the possibilities here are endless!

 I absolutely love its orange glow! But it can be done in any color (or no color - just frosted glass), with any design. The potential for holiday designs are limitless; also for gift ideas for baby, wedding, or any or no occasion.

 With lights up in the room, you can see the glass is frosted...

...and the design is quite glittery!

 Black feather boa around the sides, with green glitter ribbon underneath. Again, color combination potential is limitless.

I'm really looking forward to more of these, and other projects. My mind feels very alive! (Of course my kitchen is a disaster now! But I'll worry about that after the baseball game.)  

All in all, it's been a pretty good-for-the-mentality weekend! Cheers, all!

(By the way, I'd love to know what you think about the Block Light!)

1 comment:

  1. I love Halloween and you have captured the spirit of the holiday. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete